Discussed pros cons of volunteering at counselling yesterday as a means to getting me out of house/rut/feeling useful etc etc also suggested I try again with Dr B re tiredness and any possible physiological cause...
Volunteer Centre Northallerton:
SUPPORT NEEDS: VOLUNTEERS DO’S AND DON’T’S
• Tell us about any health problems or support needs and how these affect you, such as lack of concentrations, tiredness, indecisiveness etc. This will give us the information we need to support you and we will be able to inform voluntary organisations of your needs.
• Ask us to be as flexible as possible about the hours you work.
• Ask if you can have a mentor who can give you support.
• Suggest that the organisation puts on some disability awareness training for staff and volunteers.
• Ask for any training that would raise your confidence.
• Ask for tasks you can manage without causing you too much stress or anxiety.
Finally please remember:
• Don’t take on too much too soon, gradually build up your voluntary work.
• Don’t bottle up concerns or questions you have, please feel able to talk to us.
• Don’t hide if you become unwell, let us know and we can give you the support and flexibility you need.
• Don’t just leave – let us know why. We may be able to make some changes which would enable you to continue your voluntary work or we can learn from the feedback you give us.