Saturday, October 17, 2009

R.E.S.C.I.N.D.

Strong words indeed!

R.E.S.C.I.N.D.: "Dr. Nancy Klimas as quoted from the Q & A New York Times article “Is a Virus the
Cause of Fatigue Syndrome?” - posted online Oct 15, 2009"

RESCIND would like to emphasize what we feel are probably the two most powerful quotes on record in M.E. (C.F.S.) history...

Dr. Nancy Klimas as quoted from the Q & A New York Times article “Is a Virus the
Cause of Fatigue Syndrome?” - posted online Oct 15, 2009

http://consults.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/15/readers-ask-a-virus-linked-to-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

"But I hope you are not saying that C.F.S. patients are not as ill as H.I.V.
patients. My H.I.V. patients for the most part are hale and hearty thanks to
three decades of intense and excellent research and billions of dollars
invested. Many of my C.F.S. patients, on the other hand, are terribly ill
and unable to work or participate in the care of their families.
I split my clinical time between the two illnesses, and I can tell you if I
had to choose between the two illnesses (in 2009) I would rather have H.I.V."


Dr. Marc Loveless as quoted by Tom Hennessy from A Brief History of the Name
Change Movement

http://www.rescindinc.org/history.htm

Dr. Shelekov looked puzzled and maybe a little skeptical.
But Dr. Marc Loveless, sitting next time to him said,
"Dr. Shelekov, this man (meaning me) is telling you the truth.
I have treated more than 2500 AIDS and CFS patients over
the past 12 years. and my CFS patients are MORE sick and
MORE disabled, every single day, than my AIDS patients are,
except in the last two weeks of life!"

I immediately said to Dr. Loveless that "YOU have to use
that line in every speech you give on this illness for the
rest of your life!" (in 1994, Dr. Loveless gave this same
testimony under oath to the US Congress).

No comments: