Tuesday, October 14, 2003

So true - tempting, but I will resist double posting or mailing this on at all cos it is basic commonsense really...
BBC NEWS | Technology | Web guru fights info pollution: "Having an always-on connection with Outlook permanently open in the background with a notification system was ultimately my biggest mistake - couple that with Instant Messaging and my productivity went through the floor... Now I have got rid of the notifications, don't have IM on during working hours and check my mails on average about three times during the day. Coupled with having created a complicated list of filters and a closed exemption list, I only have to react to spam once a day - usually last thing before I turn my computer off rather than getting notified every 5-10 mins throughout the day..."