Monday, June 01, 2009

Fibromyalgia: Patients say many doctors don't take them seriously - Sacramento Living - Sacramento Food and Wine, Home, Health | Sacramento Bee

Fibromyalgia: Patients say many doctors don't take them seriously - Sacramento Living - Sacramento Food and Wine, Home, Health | Sacramento Bee:

"Asked to describe the seemingly indescribable, to make real the manifestations of a medical condition that some still doubt even exists, fibromyalgia patients often rely on similes of the most wince-inducing sort.
• 'I felt like acid was going through my veins.'
• 'It was like a steamroller ran over me.'
• 'Fatigue like someone's pulled out your battery pack.'
• '… as if someone pinged me with a hammer all over my body.'"

Describing the pain in my elbows "as if someone is sticking needles into my elbows" the Dr solemnly asked " who do you think is sticking pins in you?" . . .if you didnt laugh you would cry - I was just trying to describe the stabbing pains.....

No comments: