Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Self-assessed physical function levels of women with fibromyalgia a national survey - Source: Womens Health Issues, Sep-Oct 2008

Self-assessed physical function levels of women with fibromyalgia a national survey - Source: Womens Health Issues, Sep-Oct 2008

"The average woman in this sample reported having less functional ability related to activities of daily living and instrumental activities of daily living than the average community-dwelling woman in her 80s."

I know exactly how that feels, I may look ok but if I overstep the "pace" of day to day life carrying out even the most basic tasks and activities that most people consider just part of a normal day before work and leisure become a painfl ordeal for me.

Today for example I plan to plant some spring bulbs to give me something to look forward to through the dark days of winter but I know I will end up having to sit on the wet grass and scrape holes barely deep enough as just 5 to 10 mins of bending in the garden results in very painful legs and arms and the likelyhood of waking up tomorrow hrting all over...

so I end up living a very little life. . .isolted and in pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.