Has no entry for Lupus, on fibro it states "Fibromyalgia is a poorly understood condition that causes multiple tender points, called trigger points, in the muscles and soft tissues of the body. People who have fibromyalgia have chronic, widespread pain and stiffness in the muscles. Fatigue is a key factor in fibromyalgia....
People with fibromyalgia experience muscle pain and stiffness, especially in the morning. The pain is worse in the morning and worsens again at night. Other symptoms are as follows: · abdominal distress with constipation or diarrhea · depression · difficulty concentrating · fatigue, which is probably caused by disrupted sleep · headaches · tingling of the skin that involves numbness or burning...
No one knows for sure what causes fibromyalgia, but there are several theories:
· autoimmune disorders, or a condition in which the body creates antibodies against its own tissues
· endocrine abnormalities, which are problems with various glands in the body
· biochemical abnormalities in the central nervous system
· impaired blood flow to the brain
· mechanical stresses to the cervical and lumbar spine
· history of abuse as a child
Also of especial interest to me "autoimmune disorders may be triggered by a transfer of cells between the fetus and the mother during pregnancy" - maybe mothers toxaemia theory has something to it...